The Pricing function works to deliver market prices for all Personal and Commercial Lines insurance products.
The team develops and maintains market leading pricing structures using ground-breaking actuarial and statistical techniques. Working with Product, Underwriting, Distribution and Marketing colleagues they provide pricing solutions for new initiatives and to current business problems. This position comes with a generous salary and an excellent benefits package.
Key Responsibilities of Role:
• To support the delivery the planned GI pricing strategy and profitability for the Irish GI business.
• Work with all local functions and senior management in ensuring that the Pricing function operates effectively in Ireland.
• Work with the Data Science teams to develop best in class pricing models for the Irish market.
• Use leading edge segmentation and modelling techniques to identify preferred market segments and drive competitive advantage.
• Prepare suitable pricing analyses and make pricing recommendations to the Ireland Pricing Forum to deliver planned profitability and drive rating change in the market.
• Maintain effective pricing governance and control process for the Irish market and full documentation of pricing consistent with the GI Technical Pricing Business Standard.
• Support the pricing change process, requests and new pricing development demand for Ireland
• Deliver effective local market pricing implementation capability.
• Working as part of a team with the Senior Pricing Manager and relevant Portfolio Managers, develop new products and solutions to business problems.
• Would suit nearly/newly qualified actuaries
Skills & Experience:
• GI Pricing experience in Personal or Commercial Lines business
• Knowledge and understanding of the Irish General Insurance market.
• Strong technical numerical, actuarial or statistical background with an ability to analyse, interpret and use numerical and statistical pricing analyses.
• Knowledge and experience of the full range of standard GI Pricing techniques including rating adequacy techniques and methodologies and GLM risk modelling.
• Experience of the implementation of best practice technical pricing into street pricing.
• Excellent problem solving skills and ability to develop solutions to unfamiliar problems both independently and as part of a wider team.
• A team player with an ability to develop relationships with key stakeholders
• Excellent judgement and decision-making skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure.
• Strong communication skills and in particular an ability to communicate complex issues clearly.
• Highly motivated to produce accurate work whilst under pressure and to tight timescales.
• Strong IT skills – experience of Emblem, Radar, MS Excel, Word, SAS, SQL and general programming an advantage
For further information, please contact [email protected] or +35316099404.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland