In this role the successful candidate will:
• Produce the quarterly (e.g. CIFRS, LICAT, Solvency II, treaty collateral) and annual (business plan, financial condition testing, ORSA) actuarial modelling deliverables.
• Manage, motivate and develop a team of trainee and recently qualified actuaries.
• Design and implement improvements to the actuarial models (including model governance and controls) to further automate existing reporting, accelerate reporting timelines and enhance the control environment.
• Draft accurate, clear and concise documentation and effectively communicate key modelling insights and results to all stakeholders.
• Work with the Business Development and Operations functions to implement new transactions on the actuarial modelling platform.
• Work with the Group IFRS 17 project teams to support the transition of modelling from IFRS 4 to IFRS 17.
• Work with IT to ensure appropriate infrastructure is in place to support the Production environment.
• Provide support in relation to the requirements of the Actuarial SQL platform.
• Support as required the design, development, planning and implementation of relevant projects, modelling developments and strategic initiatives.
The successful candidate will ideally have the following attributes:
• An actuarial qualification with 5+ years in a life insurance or life reinsurance environment.
• An assertive and self-motivated personality with the capacity to work autonomously, as part of a team and across teams.
• An enthusiastic approach to work with a strong work ethic,
For details of this exciting opportunity, please contact Jenny in strictest confidence (016099409 or [email protected]).
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland