A bright, motivated individual is sought to fill the role. The breadth and depth of responsibility can be tailored to suit the skills and experience of the successful candidate who will support the Actuarial Reporting manager to:
• Calculate actuarial liabilities, solvency capital requirements and associated analyses of variance for the quarterly earnings and capital reporting.
• Produce balance sheet projections (including stress and scenario testing) for the annual business plan, the ORSA process and to support the Executive Management strategic decision making.
• Draft accurate, clear and concise documentation and effectively communicate key transaction performance insights and results to all stakeholders (Chief Actuary, Chief Financial Officer, CRO…etc.).
• Maintain, manage and develop the actuarial models including the design and implementation of improvements to further automate existing reporting, accelerate reporting timelines and enhance the control environment.
• Contribute to the design, development and planning for the implementation of Group projects, new transactions and new reporting requirements (e.g. IFRS 17).
• Support and guide less experienced trainees.
The ideal candidate:
• Nearly or newly qualified actuary with 3+ years’ experience in a life insurance or life reinsurance environment.
• Assertive and self-motivated with the capacity to work autonomously, as part of a team and across teams.
• A flexible and enthusiastic approach to work with a strong appetite to learn and develop.
• Strong analytical skills and problem-solving abilities.
• An ability to plan work, manage time effectively and ensure timely completion of all deliverables.
• The capacity to effectively and efficiently solve problems and make decisions.
• Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
• Competent user of MS Excel, MS Access, MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
• Good experience of an actuarial modelling package (ideally Prophet).
For full details of this exciting opportunity, please contact Jenny in strictest confidence (016099409 or [email protected]).
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland