You will be a member of the GI Actuarial Function (AF) and support the Head of Actuarial Function (HoAF) in carrying out external and internal responsibilities in respect of IFRS Provisions, Underwriting Strategy, Reinsurance Arrangements, Risk Management and Capital. This includes review of the underwriting portfolio and the use of analytical techniques to support business decisions.
The role will involve direct contact on a regular basis with a wide range of stakeholders throughout the Group, including peer Actuarial, Finance, Risk, Underwriting and Claims. This includes extensive contact with actuarial colleagues based in both Ireland and the UK.
Duties & Responsibilities;
Duties for this role will include (but are not limited to):
• Lead and manage a growing team including resource planning
• Responsibility for leading key elements of the review and analysis of GI IFRS reserves for Ireland and report to the reserve committee advising and making recommendations where appropriate
• Help to deliver on actuarial projects and international initiatives
• Support other actuarial and financial management activities as required.
Experience & Skills Required:
To be considered for this role you must meet the following criteria:
• A qualified actuary
• Strong non-life reserving experience
• Practical experience of IFRS methodologies and possibly Solvency II methodologies, including the calculation of Technical Provisions and SCR
• Deep understanding of the business and general insurance industry, including knowledge of interactions between Financial, Underwriting, Claims, Legal and Risk departments, and potential impacts on actuarial work
• Experience of managing/mentoring a team.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or +35316099404.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland