The purpose of this role is to provide expert contribution to the development of our client's European Insurance risk policy in a timely and effective manner and support its implementation at a national level to ensure high quality policy outcomes.
• Lead and propose the direction of the development of Insurance Risk policy including providing expert advice on the implementation of that policy to ensure the delivery of high quality, technically accurate policy input/positions.
• Represent our client on relevant domestic and EU fora, including sub-committees of EIOPA. Deliver strong influence on such bodies, making important on-the-spot judgements, negotiating astutely in order to ensure our client's interests are appropriately represented.
• Provide technical briefing and/or recommendations to senior executives on insurance risk as required to ensure senior management are appraised of the technical issues involved and how such issues may impact the risk appetite both at a domestic and/or EU level.
• Provide expert technical input to colleagues and relevant departments on policy developments and national transposition to ensure the development of a technically accurate and prudentially sound regulatory framework. Provide expert technical advice to internal stakeholders, including senior executives, recommending solutions to complex supervisory problems and emerging issues, so as to contribute to the robustness of supervisory practices and decisions.
• Provide relevant skills transfer, coaching and mentoring to team members to share expertise and ensure that the necessary skills, competencies and knowledge are being developed and leveraged across the Financial Risks team, as appropriate.
• A relevant third Level Degree
• A fellow of the Society of Actuaries in Ireland (SAI) or an equivalent status in an actuarial association in another jurisdiction.
• Ideally a minimum of 5 years post-qualification experience.
• A strong background in insurance/reinsurance (life or non-life) with experience of reserving, pricing or capital.
• A very strong knowledge and understanding of the European and Irish insurance legislative and regulatory framework
• Detailed technical knowledge of capital/ reserving/ pricing
• A strong understanding of insurance legislation and the practical operation of (re)insurance undertakings
Please contact Jenny at [email protected] or +35316099409 for further details.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland