This role will work closely with the Actuarial Director/Head of Actuarial Function in managing the activity required to support them in fulfilling the requirements of the HOAF as set out in Solvency 2 regulations and the CBI’s Domestic Actuarial Regime.
Working alongside the Head of Actuarial Reporting, and managing a team of 3, this role will also lead the actuarial function’s inputs to other critical activities including Business Planning, ORSA, Capital Management and Reinsurance management.
Key Responsibilities for this role:
• Lead the 2nd line review and oversight of the Financial Reporting process, including data, model methodology, and assumptions
• Contribute to the production of annual Actuarial Report/Opinion on Technical Provisions and other reports/opinions required under the Domestic Actuarial regime (including opinions on Reinsurance, Underwriting, ORSA and compliance with Operating Principles)
• Lead the support activity which the Actuarial Function provides to the Risk Management Function, including ORSA projections and Recovery Planning
• Lead the Actuarial Function’s input to the annual Business Planning process, and in work carried out to optimise capital usage and reinsurance strategy
• Participate as required in the team’s engagement with Auditors, Peer Reviewers, and the CBI
• Oversee (and where relevant lead) the implementation of actions and recommendations arising from reports produced by the HoAF, the Risk Management Function, Auditors etc
• To work collaboratively with colleagues and take personal accountability to maintain and enhance controls you are responsible for to support improvement of the overall control environment, customers outcomes and a reduction in operational risk.
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• Qualified actuary, with relevant post-qualification experience
• Strong technical and practical knowledge of Solvency 2, CBI framework and other relevant regulations
• Strong management and people skills including career development of team members
• Collaborative nature, with ability to work effectively with the HoAF and other colleagues in Actuarial, Risk and Finance
• Excellent analytic skills, with an ability to constructively challenge and identify issues and opportunities
• Effective verbal and written communication skills are essential
• Strong work ethic, positive attitude, and team player;
• Self-motivated with a commitment to meeting deadlines
Please contact [email protected] or 016099404 in strictest confidence for further information
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland