The D&F Catastrophe Risk Analyst will provide support to the Actuarial team, be responsible for assisting the Portfolio Analysts with the reinsurance deal pricing process, assist with accumulation reporting and portfolio roll-up, and complete ad hoc projects as required.
• Provide data analytics and price catastrophe reinsurance loss contracts using a combination of CAT modeling results and cedant historical experience
• Explain CAT modeling concepts and results to underwriters to inform decision making
• Evaluate cedant exposure data and highlight inconsistencies in exposure information
• Assist with the composition of retro submission packs under the direction of underwriters
• Work with underwriters and IT to ensure that analysis and reporting methodologies are constantly evolving and adapting to new technologies and market conditions.
Skills & experience:
• University degree, preferably in Mathematics, Science or Economics
• Strong academic background and mathematical acumen
• Knowledge across multiple lines of business desired including Property Treaty, Specialty and Terrorism
• Strong Excel skills including VBA; SQL knowledge preferred
• Working knowledge of DFA models like Remetrica, Metarisk or other models a plus
• High attention to detail and ability to multi-task and prioritise own work against needs of business
• Must be a strong critical thinker who can interrogate the data to ensure it makes sense and provide challenge when required
• Must be able to self-lead and work effectively both independently and with teams
• Demonstrated ability to deliver accurate and thoughtful work within tight deadlines and/or while working extended hours
• Appromimately 12 months’ experience running catastrophe models would be an advantage
For further information please contact [email protected] or +35316099404.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland