The purpose of this role is to provide actuarial advisory services to Life (re)insurance organisations, banks and clients operating in other industries. The role now arising within the practice is to manage and support the growth and further development of our client's life insurance footprint whilst also contributing to the broader growth of the overall practice in projects reaching beyond traditional actuarial boundaries. The work will be both challenging and varied exposing you to leading-edge actuarial work in a strategic, commercial and business context and allowing you to develop an impressive range of broad consulting and technical skills that will enhance your career. You'll work with colleagues and clients in Consulting and Corporate Finance – exposing you to leading edge actuarial work in a strategic, commercial and business context. Here you'll develop an impressive range of broad consulting and technical skills that will allow you to fast track your career.
You can expect to be involved in a wide variety of assignments, ranging from working with clients to improving the performance of their business, through M&A, reserving, IFRS 17, Solvency II, Business Analytics and other regulatory work.
Key Responsibilities of the Role –
Financial and Business Performance
• Supervise the ongoing business and financial performance of the life team.
• Achieve and/or exceed the financial performance as required by the business.
• Build strong client relationships, both new and existing in order to build pipeline of opportunities.
• Be one of two life sector proposition leads (with the Partner) in terms of developing out propositions to be brought to market – this includes propositions as well as working with other colleagues within the company to bring joint propositions to market e.g. robotics to the insurance sector.
• Build marketing visions and strategies which are long-term, compelling and market-focused.
• Perform an ambassadorial role to assist in the building of networks and profile.
Client Relationship Management
• Cross-sell and introduce clients and referrers to others in the firm.
• Price client tenders received with a view to winning business on appropriate financial terms.
• Manage delivery of projects won ensuring client expectations met from a quality, timeline and costs perspective.
• Bring deeper insights to projects – insights in terms of technical content or softer consultancy skills of client management.
• Build the firm’s brand, reputation and profile.
• Contribute to the growth of the practice, by networking internally and externally, and playing a significant part in new business proposals and presentations and market eminence.
• Contribute to industry activity and show thought-leadership on actuarial issues, regulatory developments and appropriate business strategies.
• Show leadership in developing service offerings for our clients, identifying upcoming areas of demand driven by regulatory and market trends and actively fostering client relationships.
• Lead teams and project work streams including project planning, budgeting and performance management of your team members.
• Be responsible for identifying current and future skilled resource requirements, organising training, mentoring and recruitment as appropriate to meet those needs.
• Use expert knowledge to manage team members to efficiently and robustly deliver service to client expectations.
• Have extensive experience of reserving and good experience in one of pricing or capital modelling.
• Have good knowledge of Solvency II.
Skills & Experience Required
• Qualified life actuary.
• Experience at a senior level.
• As the actual range of assignments will depend upon our client needs, a proven ability to creatively apply skills to different problems is vital.
• Ability to develop and maintain good client relationships.
• Highly motivated, with a proven ability to work on own initiative and manage time effectively.
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
• Adaptable, with a keen interest in developing your technical and commercial capabilities.
• Sound knowledge of the life industry and ability to apply that knowledge in practical and commercial situations.
• Experience of managing people, projects and client relationships.
• Excellent analytical skills and problem solving ability.
Contact email@example.com or +35316099404 for further details.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland