Reporting to the Group Chief Actuary, the successful candidate will be a key member of the Group Actuarial Department. The candidate will have a lead role to play in the continued success of the Actuarial Centre of Excellence. Their primary responsibility will be providing actuarial reporting services to a number of European business units, through fulfilling quarterly and annual reporting requirements. The candidate will have the opportunity to help build a Group Actuarial Centre of Excellence while working in a vibrant and dynamic team.
Key Contribution Areas
- Manage the relationship between the Group ACE and the respective Business Units and Group entities.
- Responsible for establishing standards and key actuarial reporting metrics that Business Units should follow when reporting to Group multi-gap: Solvency II, IFRS, EBS and EV
- Responsible for the sign-off of results from Group perspective before handover to local Business Units ensuring adequacy.
- Attract, develop and retain actuarial talents fostering an environment of innovation & team spirit.
- Develop deep understanding of the local and Group balance sheets in order to provide insights on performance and impact analysis.
- Ownership of Actuarial Reporting control framework. Ensure compliance with Company policies while maintaining appropriate and auditable controls, reconciliations, and documentation.
- Support and work together in a collegial manner with the Group Actuary and the other senior members of Group Actuarial.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including, business and functional requirements, management level presentations and proposals and the ability to explain complex ideas and principles to a wide range of audiences.
- An ability to work effectively in partnership with others including with the wider actuarial community, the finance and risk functions and with senior management.
- Excellent judgement and decision-making skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure.
- Strong communicator, particularly given complex issues to manage and variable experience of audiences.
- Strong leadership and people management skills with the proven ability to motivate and lead a high-performing team in a fast-paced environment. Self-starter, demonstrable ability to be proactive.
- Qualified actuary with considerable post qualification experience
- Significant experience working in an actuarial reporting function within a life assurance company.
- Previous experience working in a people leadership role is essential.
- Knowledge of the regulatory regimes and products sold in central European markets a distinct advantage.
- Project management and/or leadership experience in implementing a change agenda a significant advantage – ideally covering implementation of reporting or modelling processes in line with regulations.
- Strong problem-solving capabilities and an ability to deal with new/non-recurring problems quickly and effectively, with an ability to develop new techniques to solve problems if necessary.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals: Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland