The key senior stakeholder relationships include: Head of Finance, HoAF, Chief Actuary, CFO and CRO.
In this role the successful candidate will:
• Lead, develop and motivate a team of direct reports, ensuring that they achieve and contribute to their maximum potential and aspire to the highest professional standards in their work.
• Oversee the production, consolidation and review of the Actuarial Reporting deliverables and provide all associated sign-offs. These include modelling, liabilities, earnings analysis, capital reporting, ALM, business plan, stress and scenario testing, risk reporting and miscellaneous management reporting.
• Drive the Actuarial Reporting change agenda with an initial focus on necessary efficiencies in the actuarial modelling process and systems. Champion the use of new technologies and keep pace with changing demands and requirements.
• Work closely with the IFRS 17 project team and oversee the transition from development to production.
• Present actuarial reporting results to the key stakeholders including the relevant members of the Executive Leadership team and committees as required.
• Play a central role in the financial and actuarial reporting, working collaboratively with the Head of Finance, Head of Operations and Head of Actuarial Function.
The ideal candidate will have:
• An actuarial qualification with 5+ year’s post-qualification experience.
• Experience in a senior actuarial role and a strong track record of delivery at senior management level.
• Proven leadership skills and experience in leading a high-performing team of professionals in a fast paced complex environment.
• A demonstrated capacity to build relationships, gain trust and command respect at all levels.
• A credible voice speaking to senior decision makers both internally and externally.
• Well-developed professional judgement and be at ease balancing urgency and importance.
• Highly refined verbal and written communication skills and in particular an ability to effectively communicate complex concepts to different audiences.
• Strong work ethic, a willingness to work a flexible schedule and to travel occasionally.
For full details of this exciting opportunity, please contact Paul (016099404 or [email protected]).
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland