The FP&A Actuary will support the delivery of all aspects of Financial Planning and Analysis for the group.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist the Head of Group FP&A and Group FP&A Manager in all aspects of the Group financial planning and forecasting processes, including capital projections, planning loss ratios, earnings projections and specific transactions.
• Ownership and development of new planning system and ensuring continued system improvement.
• Developing specific financial models for specific transactions, projects, capital management etc. in conjunction with the Head of FP&A, Group Chief Actuary and Group CFO.
• Work closely with Group Actuarial team for preparation of Group plans and analysis of actual results.
• Development of key analysis models to help inform decision making.
• Involvement in additional finance and actuarial projects as required.
• Development of an appropriate process and control framework for the FP&A function.
• Enhancement and development of MI to support the business utilising data integration tools.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
• An actuarial designation such as FCAS/FIA or equivalent or other mathematical qualification.
• Must be a strong critical thinker who can interrogate the data to ensure it makes sense and challenge it when it doesn’t.
• Must be able to lead effectively and work effectively both independently and with teams.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver accurate thoughtful detail-oriented work within tight deadlines.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the insurance, reinsurance and financial markets as well as being a lateral thinker
• Experience dealing directly with senior management and key stakeholders preferred
• Demonstrated ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
• Experience with implementation and development of new systems and processes is a plus
• Minimum 5 years’ experience working in (re)insurance industry
For further information please contact [email protected] or +35316099404.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland