What’s the role
The position is a key role which reports to the Head of Actuarial Reporting, Planning and Analysis.
The role is for recently qualified actuaries with strong analytical skills who would like the opportunity to play a significant role in the development and delivery of financial reporting requirements for the Company, supporting the strategic planning and analysis within the finance function and also supporting the commercial strategy within the Company.
You will play a role in financial reporting, strategic planning and analysis and pricing. You will have the opportunity to work closely with the Finance Reporting Actuary, Head of Actuarial Reporting, Planning and Analysis, the Chief Actuary and stakeholders in Group Finance. The role provides a unique opportunity for you to develop people coaching skills, technical experience and to directly influence at a senior level.
- You will support the Finance Reporting Actuary and Head of Actuarial Reporting, Planning and Analysis in the calculation and analysis of the MCEV, IFRS, Solvency II and Local GAAP value of the Company on a quarterly basis and support the business in both the analysis of drivers of profit and the achievement of the Company Strategy and Business Plan. The key areas of responsibility include:
- The calculation and analysis of local and Group Reporting (MCEV, IFRS, Local GAAP, Solvency II) on a quarterly basis including analysis and communication of all drivers of profit.
- Build, develop and maintain a strong business control environment with a focus on risk management, particularly regarding financial reporting processes.
- Play a leading role with the Finance team in producing the monthly management accounts, including providing insight and commentary on results for the Senior Management team and Group Finance.
- Support the actuarial input to the strategic planning and analysis process (ICAAP), including budgeting and forecasting, monitoring profitability and expenses, and ensuring alignment with business plans.
- Support the Product and Pricing teams on actuarial issues relating to customer propositions, pricing and change initiatives for the Company.
- Assist external auditor and peer reviewers through their reviews to ensure sign off given within agreed time.
- Support the Finance Reporting Actuary in developing and motivating a team of trainee and qualified actuaries responsible for financial reporting.
- Liaise closely with internal and external stakeholders in actuarial, finance, commercial, Group, external auditors and actuarial peer reviewers.
- Recently qualified Actuary with experience of the life and pensions business.
- Financial reporting experience including MCEV, IFRS and Solvency II
- Knowledge of the financial structure and operation of life and pensions products
- Experience in implementing reporting change (e.g. Solvency II) or in auditing / peer reviewing independent validation of reporting change
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proven track record in delivery with a demonstrated ability in managing multiple tasks.
- Strong teamwork skills
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland