Purpose of the Role
The Reporting Actuary (Team Leader) reports to the Head of Actuarial Reporting, Planning and Analysis and is a key people leader role within the Actuarial Function. The role has responsibility for delivery of financial reporting requirements (MCEV, IFRS, Local GAAP), supporting the strategic planning and analysis with Group Finance, supporting commercial strategy, pricing and change initiatives.
You will support the Head of Actuarial Reporting, Planning and Analysis in the calculation and analysis of the MCEV, IFRS, Solvency II and Local GAAP value of the Company and support the business in both the analysis of drivers of profit and the achievement of the Company Strategy and Business Plan. The key areas of responsibility include:
- Lead, develop and motivate a team of trainee and qualified actuaries responsible for financial reporting.
- The calculation and analysis of Reporting (MCEV, IFRS, Local GAAP, Solvency II) on a quarterly basis including analysis and communication of all drivers of profit.
- Build, develop and maintain a strong business control environment with a focus on risk management, particularly regarding financial reporting processes.
- Play a leading role with the Finance team in producing the monthly management accounts, including providing insight and commentary on results for the Senior Management team and Group Finance.
- Support the actuarial input to the strategic planning and analysis process (ICAAP), including budgeting and forecasting, monitoring profitability and expenses, and ensuring alignment with business plans.
- Support the Product and Pricing teams on actuarial issues relating to customer propositions, pricing and change initiatives for the Company.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with the Head of Head of Actuarial Reporting, Planning and Analysis, the Chief Actuary, and stakeholders in Group Finance. The role provides a unique opportunity for you to develop people coaching skills, technical experience and to directly influence at a senior level.
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland