• Liaise with and support the Head of Actuarial Function (outsourced).
• Ensure adequate documentation of model and methodology, including model limitations and manual reserves, is maintained.
• Support the Head of Actuarial Function’s review of assumptions.
• Review the production of valuation results on Solvency II and Statutory bases.
• Review, investigate and provide commentary and justification on the Analysis of Change.
• Provide analysis and commentary on quarterly and annual results and scoping initiatives to deliver long term financial performance.
• Assist with the production and delivery of quarterly and annual regulatory reporting.
• Assist with the production and delivery of statutory financial statements.
• Review the overall actuarial valuation governance and provide assessment and suggestions for improvements.
• Represent Ireland at the Group Actuarial Control Forum.
• Lead and organise the Ireland Reserving Forum.
• Support the CFO in overseeing the actuarial services outsourced to intra-group company.
Skills and Experience:
• Experience and knowledge of Solvency II regulations, particularly technical provisions and SCR.
• Experience and knowledge of Central Bank of Ireland Domestic Actuarial Regime.
• Confident supporting senior stakeholders and working closely with Head of Actuarial Function previously.
• Qualified Actuary as a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries in Ireland (or equivalent).
• Experience within valuation/reporting roles.
• Ability to demonstrate and convey knowledge of actuarial and financial mathematics commensurate with the nature, scale and complexity of any risks.
• Strong communication and influencing skills.
• Ability to work independently and establish strong relationships with colleagues and other key stakeholders.
• Experience and understanding of the Irish unit-linked products.
• Ability to build effective working relationships both internally and externally.
• Comfortable working with both financial and non-financial information to support decision making.
For further details, please contact [email protected] or (01) 6099404.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland