Responsibilities for this role will include:
Life Reserving AXIS Actuarial Systems
• Responsible for maintenance of all valuation models that use Moody’s AXIS actuarial software
• Track software issues and act as main contact with Moody’s for software development needs and bug fixes
• Track IT concerns and act as main contact for IT regarding infrastructure, technology, and licencing matters relating to AXIS
• Mentor and guide other team members in the use and development of models and tools
• Assist in setting up newly won business in AXIS reserving models
• Promote communication amongst valuation modelers to facilitate knowledge transfer and a collaborative environment
• Ensure each product team follows a robust control framework and completes appropriate model testing and documentation
• Develop and enforce best practices for model governance
• Work closely with pricing modelling leads to ensure alignment of models between pricing and reserving
• Maintain relationships and information exchanges with North America Life valuation and pricing modelling leads
• Ensure sufficient model controls for SOX, internal and external audit requirements
• Oversee analysis of future potential model improvements or updates
• Coordinate Moody’s AXIS update implementations and testing with IT and modeller staff
• Work with LDTI and IFRS 17 project leads to understand requirements for the extension of the AXIS valuation models to ensure compliance with the standards.
• Work with consultants to complete final steps of model migration and modernisation
Qualified actuary or experienced professional with university degree in relevant field (Actuarial, Statistics, IT, Engineering) with 5 or more years working experience in Life reserving or pricing in the (re)insurance field, or related actuarial experience with a strong AXIS model development background.
Prior experience in the modelling of financial reporting regimes, including USGAAP LDTI, IFRS 17, SII, BMA and MAS, would be advantageous.
• Knowledge in relevant software: AXIS/Risk Integrity/IFRS 17 Link/US GAAP Link/R/SQL/Excel/VBA/Business Objects
• Strong product understanding and IT and data management skills;
• Reinsurance knowledge is an asset
• Strongly driven to streamline business processes, with an emphasis on automation and maintainability
• Experience in specification, development and testing of actuarial and data transformation software
Personal and communication
• Organized, able to work in a matrix structure
• Able to set and manage priorities
• Strong communication skills and proficiency in English
• High motivation, team-orientation
• Keen to work with other cultures
Contact Paul at 016099404 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland