We have been retained on an exclusive basis for this high-profile senior executive appointment and to be considered for the position it is likely you will already be performing in a C-suite position or equivalent (e.g. Head of…in a large function).
This senior executive will serve as a key advisor to the CFO, Deputy CEO and CEO of the Global Life Division on business performance, financial planning and monitoring. You will actively control the performance of the business and will indicate variances to plan and discuss with market teams measures to improve.
Key duties and responsibilities:
• Contribute to the development of the next Strategic Plan
• Membership of various Global Division working groups and committees
• Support Global Financial Strategy (e.g. Retrocession, Restructuring projects)
• Responsible for coordination of operational planning. Ensure that tools and processes are set-up.
• Produce budgets and financial reports on a timely and accurate basis according to Division and Group schedules.
• Provide profound business analytics and maintain an effective control environment for the quarterly financial reporting and landing.
• Provide detailed variance analysis (actuals vs. plan, actuals vs. prior period) including identification of main drivers for variance.
• Prepare Rating Agency Meetings
• Work with Investor Relations on quarterly reporting
• Establish and maintain an effective control environment for the financial reporting and landing processes including rolling year-end forecast
• Establish and coordinate quarterly technical closing with Macro-Markets, entities and branches
• Provide procedures, tools, standard reporting and training for Macro Markets and local entities
• Develop strong FP&A team, both to ensure all of the FP&A finance tasks are completed but also as part of the Group strategy of developing a strong talent pool within Finance and the Division
• Ensure that all Divisional reporting requirements are completed on a timely and accurate basis in compliance with Group IFRS standards.
• Oversee preparation of financial metric framework under IFRS17
• Maintain sustainable management information systems to inform management of earnings and economic variances to drive continuous improvement of information flow to and from businesses, including the transition of these systems to IFRS17.
• Provide detailed cash plan based to Management and Group Finance
Please contact Paul@acumen-resources.com or 016099404 in strictest confidence for further information.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate