The Rotations Policy rotates trainees and qualified actuaries between actuarial teams every 2-3 years, allowing them to develop valuable experience across a range of areas in the business.
They offer a comprehensive Trainee Actuary Study Scheme programme, which includes:
- Paid study leave ahead of exams
- Payment of exam fees & membership of the Institute & Faculty of Actuaries and Society of Actuaries in Ireland
- Study materials including notes, exam solutions, and marking for coursework
- Study tutorials
Career mentoring is also offered throughout exams and post qualification within a company.
The roles available currently and throughout the rotations programme include a wide range of responsibilities within our actuarial teams, including:
- Reporting on the business performance via quarterly financial reporting and the setting of regulatory reserves and capital
- Providing actuarial and technical support for queries from clients, sales channels and non-actuarial teams
- Developing and improving modelling solutions to assist in financial reporting and new business pricing processes
- Developing and pricing new and innovative insurance products that meet emerging customer needs whilst generating adequate shareholder return within controlled risk thresholds
- Implementing and reporting on complex reinsurance strategies designed to reduce risk
- Performing data analysis to identify trends and anomalies and assisting in management’s decision making
- An actuarial, finance, mathematical or other relevant degree with least a 2.1 result (or equivalent) if at graduate level
• The ability to work well within a team and across teams.
• Keen commercial awareness, technical abilities and problem solving skills.
• A strong customer service focus, with an ability to meet challenging deadlines.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent PC skills and the ability to further enhance skills here. Knowledge of MS Office, SQL, VBA, Prophet or other emerging software would be an advantage.
• Experience in a reporting or model development role is an advantage
• Strong analytical skills & excellent computing ability and the ability to further enhance skills here. Knowledge of MS Office, SQL, VBA, Prophet or other emerging software would be an advantage.
Please contact [email protected] or 016099406 for further information.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals: Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate