Reporting to the CFO, this role heads up these four functional areas –
• IFRS Actuarial Reporting
• Business Planning
• Capital Management
• Actuarial Operations Support
IFRS Actuarial Reporting:
Responsible for delivery of key management information at management committee and board level including IFRS insights and analysis. Central to ensuring the CFO and Board have assurance around the assumptions, methodologies and parameters used in IFRS actuarial reporting.
Planning and Capital Management:
Lead business planning and analysis and support commercial strategy and change initiatives. Work closely with the business performance team to deliver key management information at management committee and board level. Set the strategy for capital management, including asset liability management and work with the Head of Reinsurance to ensure the company manages its capital efficiently and in support of strategic aims. Produce Dividend Policy and dividend proposals.
Actuarial Operations Support:
• Review actuarial standards of practice and ensure any requirements are implemented.
• Provide Customer Experience support for PRSA statements and with-profits bonus declarations.
• Monitor developments and guidelines with respect to actuarial operations issued by EIOPA and the CBI.
• Detailed understanding of the Ireland life insurance business, including financial regulation.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Detailed understanding of all financial disciplines i.e. accounting and investment.
• Strong commercial acumen.
• Highly numerate and analytical with a developed capability to interpret data and establish alternatives and solutions to complex problems.
• A detailed knowledge of relevant statutory, legal and regulatory frameworks and corporate governance.
• Understand the needs of our end customers.
• Ability to motivate and lead a team.
• Personal impact and gravitas, relationship management and influencing skills, with the ability to build credible working relationships with people at all levels.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
• Proven track record of operating in a senior finance management level role.
• Experience of leading a high performing actuarial team
• Knowledge and experience of IFRS reporting processes
• Ability to influence at a senior level
• Excellent active listening, root cause identification and interpersonal skills
• Good communicator and able to influence people
• Good team player and able to operate independently
What will you get for this role?
• A competitive salary
• Generous defined contribution pension scheme
• Significant annual performance related bonus
For further information, please contact [email protected] or +35316099404.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland