The role-holder will formally be deputising for the Chief Risk & Compliance Officer on all risk matters and lead the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) function, reporting to the Chief Risk & Compliance Officer and sitting on its leadership team.
The Risk & Compliance Function is undergoing a major transformation in line with the business with need to integrate vertically an overseas Branch into Dublin from a regulatory standpoint and the need to bring in stronger capabilities whilst reducing budget through automation/ manual non-adding value work. This will result in fewer but stronger people and to support the CRCO to implement this vision for the Risk function, the holder of this role must have strong technical skills especially on both risk management frameworks, assurance and operational risk (including outsourcing risk) as well as strong leadership skills to drive the team agenda forward.
• Detailed knowledge of risk frameworks, risk appetite and risk policies and their practical application to the insurance and fund management industry including Internal model governance, Data governance and standards, Risk mitigation techniques, Internal control standards and testing, Solvency II (insurance only) and other regulatory standards and requirements for risk management
• Experience of producing Pillar III reporting, in particular ORSA
• Detailed knowledge of governance practices and risk culture monitoring and management
• Strong knowledge of life & pensions and savings & investment products, markets and competitors, best management practices
• Knowledge of CBI regulatory requirements and standards which apply to the areas under your control and to you as an individual.
• Able to look beyond face value, ask the right questions and make links and connections across the organisation and between similar situations
• Significant experience of risk management and oversight in the Insurance and/or Fund Management industry.
• Strong Experience of writing board/committee papers and strategy documents and presenting at Board or Exec Level committees
• Commercially focused. Gravitas and pragmatism with ability to influence.
• Strong leadership skills, with capability to inspire a team and lead it to success
• Persistent and resilient in the face of challenge
• Relevant Risk or Actuarial qualifications or equivalent required
Please contact [email protected] or +35316099404 for further details.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland