Our client currently has a full-time permanent vacancy for a Head of Product Development. The primary focus of this role is to lead the development of new products, setting strategy and leading the 'end to end' product development process.
Key role responsibilities may include but are not limited to,
- Lead and develop the product development team.
- As a member of Commercial Markets & Product leadership team, contribute to the development and achievement of overall Insurance strategy
- Build and implement product strategy and future product architecture to support delivery of group vision and strategy. Lead development of compelling Insurance products, collaborating with the Group Customer Office as appropriate.
- Develop & implement best in class processes for product innovation, design & development.
- Build and manage opportunity pipeline for new product and benefits, working with stakeholders to assess relative priority, develop roadmaps and communicate progress on new product pipeline.
- Develop a best-in-class approach to new product design and development and lead the product design process for new products.
- Ensure new products are developed in line with agreed design principles and lifecycle management standards.
- Lead ideation for new products, working with Group Customer Office to ensure integrated propositions and customer journeys.
- Maintain strong awareness of market, competitor products and international best practice to drive the development of product strategy & plans.
- Work with internal partners to define and deliver market and customer insights to inform product development strategy and plans.
- Ensure new developments align with product quality and lifecycle management requirements.
- Ensure strong governance throughout product development process, developing all new products in line with organisational policy, and legal and regulatory obligations.
Education & Knowledge:
- Commercially focused Qualified Actuary or Experienced Product Development Manager
- Relevant Third level qualification, preferably Masters level
- Professional insurance or financial services qualification / accreditation preferred
- Product development leadership & management experience.
- Proven track record of financial product innovation and development.
- Proven track record for delivering profitable growth.
- Strong commercial orientation.
- Strong knowledge of insurance market dynamics and regulatory landscape.
- Excellent financial and commercial acumen
- Strong technical understanding of insurance products & underwriting processes
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Self-driven, strongly motivated and results orientated.
- Strong customer & market orientation.
- Proven leader and people manager, with ability to motivate and inspire.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Confidence to influence and challenge at all levels.
Please contact [email protected] or 016099404 for further details.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals: Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate