The main purpose of the position is to lead and manage the Group Actuarial financial reporting team providing actuarial and technical expertise and support to the group. Reporting to the Reporting Actuary, the role is responsible for the regular actuarial requirements of Irish GAAP, IFRS reporting, Assumption setting and Experience Analysis studies, Liability Adequacy Testing, Model Development, Data governance and the production of With Profit asset shares and bonus recommendations.
1. Responsible for the timely and accurate production of actuarial items for financial reporting on Irish GAAP and IFRS basis, together with the development of actuarial methodologies, bases and models for reserving.
2. Analysis of the company’s assumption setting including mortality, lapse and expense experience.
3. Responsible for the timely and accurate production of actuarial items for the Liability Adequacy Testing of reserves on an IFRS basis.
4. Ensure suitable and consistent reserving and accounting practices and controls.
5. Assistance to the Head of Actuarial Function in the regular monitoring of asset shares and to prepare recommendations for changes in bonus rates as required, and to implement such changes if approved by the Board.
6. To maintain appropriate systems and procedures to enable the department tasks to be run in an efficient manner.
7. To manage, motivate and develop staff.
For further information, please contact email@example.com or +35316099404.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland