The Ireland IFRS17 Data & Systems team have a key role to play in successful implementation of the new accounting standard. This role offers the opportunity to work on a large programme delivering fundamental changes to the way in which IFRS results are presented and gain an understanding of the implications for the company.
• Produce various results to help interpret IFRS 17 results, e.g. bridges from IFRS 4 & SII
• Pull results from the Aptitude tool & check against an independent model
• Define, build & document appropriate controls for us in reporting periods
• Source actuarial data & help explain any differences with accounting data
Qualified actuary (or equivalent by experience) with understanding of financial reporting metrics for Life business. An awareness of the IFRS 17 standard would be advantageous but can be learned in role.
• Strong technical actuarial skills to create accurate calculation processes within agreed controls framework
• Ability to identify appropriate simplifications and working assumptions to meet interim requirements, and ability to systematically remove or agree these to reach audit quality
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work independently and on own initiative and knowledge of when to escalate
For further information, please contact [email protected] or +35316099404.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland