The position is based in Dublin, and as a member of the Group Actuarial team you will report to our Group Actuary in Dublin.
The main focus of this role will be in building, testing and maintenance of non-life actuarial IFRS 17 requirements for the Group.
Day to Day Duties include:
• Calculation, testing and maintenance of IFRS17 CSM, risk adjustment, discounting, cashflows for group and legal entities leveraging Solvency II calculations where appropriate by working closely with the non-life and life actuarial teams, Finance, IT and external vendors to ensure IFRS17 compliance and maintenance of these processes post IFRS 17 implementation
• High-level modelling to support IFRS17 policy decisions
• Maintaining documentation of processes and procedures
• Contributing to the monitoring of changes in rules and guidances or market practice relating to the calculation of IFRS 17 requirements.
• Working closely with Finance to ensure the efficient production of inputs to quarterly and annual IFRS17 financial statements
Furthermore, you should contribute to the continued enhancement of the IFRS17 actuarial environment.
You will also be responsible for the building and monitoring of the controls process relating to the IFRS17 environment and liaise with external Auditors to provide data required for their quarterly/year-end procedures post IFRS17 implementation.
In addition, as part of the wider Group actuarial team you may be required to provide assistance on other Group related tasks as required post IFRS 17 implementation.
About you :
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
• Have attained the Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries (FIA) designation, Associate or Fellow of the Casualty Actuary Society (ACAS/FCAS) or equivalent
• Degree in actuarial science, mathematics, or a related field.
• Relevant non-life actuarial experience either in reinsurance, insurance or consulting. Prior experience of IFRS 17 would be a distinct advantage, with experience in Solvency II, reserving and financial reporting also being helpful.
To be successful in this role you should possess:
• Advanced Microsoft Excel, IT, data management and modeling skills; some knowledge of visual basic and Business Objects reporting would be an advantage
• Strong communication, good written skills and proficiency in English
• High motivation, team-orientation and adaptability
Contact Paul at 016099404 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland