The main focus of this role will be in building, testing and maintenance of non-life actuarial IFRS 17 requirements for the Group and Legal entities In Europe, Bermuda, US and Asia.
Core responsibilities will include:
• Calculation, testing and maintenance of IFRS17 PAA calculations, risk adjustment, discounting, cashflows for group and legal entities leveraging Solvency II calculations where appropriate by working closely with the non-life and life actuarial teams, Finance, IT and external vendors to ensure IFRS17 compliance and maintenance of these processes post IFRS 17 implementation
• Maintaining documentation of processes and procedures
• Working closely with Finance to ensure the efficient production of inputs to quarterly and annual IFRS17 financial statements
• Contributing to the monitoring of changes in rules and guidances or market practice relating to the calculation of IFRS 17 requirements
Furthermore, you should contribute to the continued enhancement of the IFRS17 actuarial environment.
You will also be responsible for the building and monitoring of the controls process relating to the IFRS17 environment and liaise with external Auditors to provide data required for their quarterly/year-end procedures post IFRS17 implementation.
In addition, as part of the wider Group actuarial team you will be provided with the opportunity to provide assistance on other Group related tasks as required post IFRS 17 implementation.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
• Newly / nearly qualified actuary
• Degree in actuarial science, mathematics, or a related field.
• 2+ years non-life actuarial experience in IFRS17, Solvency II or equivalent either in reinsurance, insurance or consulting;
To be successful in this role you should possess:
• Strong communication and written skills and proficiency in English
• High motivation, team-orientation and adaptability
• Advanced IT, data management and modeling skills; knowledge of visual basic and Business Objects reporting would be an advantage
Contact Paul at 016099404 or [email protected] for further details.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland