The position is based in Dublin and as a member of the Group Actuarial team you will report to our Group Actuary in Dublin.
The main focus of this role will be to oversee the building, testing and maintenance of non-life actuarial IFRS 17 requirements for the Group and its legal entities in Europe, North America and Asia.
Your Responsibilities Will Be:
• To oversee the calculation, testing and maintenance of IFRS17 CSM, risk adjustment, discounting, cashflows for group and legal entities leveraging Solvency II calculations where appropriate by working closely with the non-life and life actuarial teams, Finance, IT and external vendors to ensure IFRS17 compliance and maintenance of these processes post IFRS 17 implementation
• To oversee the Modelling to support IFRS17 policy decisions
• Maintaining documentation of processes and procedures
• Working closely with Finance to ensure the efficient production of inputs to quarterly and annual IFRS17 financial statements
• Contributing to the monitoring of changes in rules and guidances or market practice relating to the calculation of IFRS 17 requirements
• In addition, as part of the wider Group actuarial team you may be required to provide assistance on other Group related tasks as required post IFRS 17 implementation.
• Have attained the Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries (FIA) designation, Associate or Fellow of the Casualty Actuary Society (ACAS/FCAS) or equivalent
• 10+ years of non-life actuarial experience either in reinsurance, insurance or consulting.
• Degree in actuarial science, mathematics, or a related field.
• Prior experience of IFRS 17 would be a distinct advantage, with experience in Solvency II, reserving and financial reporting also being helpful.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel, IT, data management and modeling skills; knowledge of visual basic and Business Objects reporting would be an advantage
• Strong communication, good written skills and proficiency in English
• High motivation, team-orientation and adaptability
Contact Paul at 016099404 or email@example.com for further details.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland