Key Role Responsibilities:
A shared role has arisen in the Investment Operations and Risk Management areas. The role may be suitable for a candidate who has made good progress with actuarial exams. A background in asset management or risk management may be an advantage. The key responsibilities are:
• Preparation of monthly investment reports for Unit Pricing Committee and Asset and Liability Committee.
• Attending and preparing minutes for Unit Pricing Committee and Asset and Liability Committee.
• Oversight of monthly valuations and ad hoc claims from external fund managers.
• Liaising with External Auditors as part of year-end close.
• Contribute to the design, implementation and maintenance of a risk framework which supports effective risk management across the business, including the following key components:
o Risk appetite;
o Risk policies;
o Three lines of defence;
o Risk oversight and assurance;
o Risk assessment measurement, monitoring and assurance; and
o Capital assessment and adequacy.
• Embedding and performing processes to identify, manage, monitor, measure, mitigate and report on risks including production of cohesive reports on risks faced including but not limited to insurance risk, market risk, operational risk and liquidity risk
• Support the CRO in providing relevant and informative reporting to key stakeholders including the Management Group, Boards and Committees.
Key Role Qualities:
• Part Qualified or Trainee Actuary.
• Technically strong and experience in Life Assurance/Insurance/Financial Services industry is important.
• Experience in investment accounting/reporting preferable.
• Ability to work under pressure to daily/weekly/monthly deadlines.
• Ability to deal with people at all levels both internally and externally to the group
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong numeric, analytical and computer skills
• Planning and organisation – good time management, ability to work to tight deadlines
For further information please contact Paul@acumen-resources.com or +35316099404.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland