We are seeking to recruit an Actuarial Manager for our client's Financial Services Advisory, Actuarial and Data Analytics team.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and motivated person to join our team in the growing area of financial services, with a focus on actuarial and data analytics. This will be a challenging and fulfilling role, where you will lead a team of junior actuaries in projects related to reserving, Solvency II, risk management, data analytics and actuarial modelling. The role will sometimes require working in other financial services areas such as banking and aviation finance.
The role is to provide operational leadership and professional development to a team of data scientists and actuaries. The successful candidate will have exposure to a variety of jobs and will be required to contribute to the development of the team. The role will provide an excellent prospect to build a long term and sustainable career as well as exposure to industry specific developments such as IFRS 17 and data analytics.
• Technical lead for reserving, technical provisions and SCR related engagements, providing expertise and specialist knowledge.
• Assist in the successful delivery of a wide variety of engagements, including the development of client relationships in order to enhance our reputation and brand.
• Contribute to the development of the company’s market proposition through the skills and knowledge they bring and those they will develop in the future.
• Ensure opportunities are well understood by the Firm and contribute to the creation of superior proposals demonstrating an understanding of the market, client needs and the Firm’s offering.
• Provide on-going training and support to the team, particularly from a technical perspective. This will include planning, managing and allocating work to junior members of the team.
• Networking internally to identify potential collaboration and cross-selling opportunities.
• Ensure adherence to Firm policies and standards as well as the relevant actuarial technical and professional standards, including risk management, escalating key risk issues appropriately.
Required skills and attributes:
• Nearly / newly qualified actuary with relevant experience in the non-life insurance industry.
• Experience in reserving, technical provisions and the calculation of Solvency II capital requirements in non-life insurance.
• Capable of working autonomously or as part of a team.
• Strong problem solving, decision making, planning and organisational skills.
• Flexible, proactive and collaborative attitude.
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
• Acting professionally, ethically and with integrity.
• Expert level knowledge of MS Excel, Access and Word.
• Consultancy experience including managing projects and client relationships.
• IFRS17 experience.
• People management experience.
• Awareness of current topics in insurance and challenges facing the insurance industry.
• Interest in developing data analytics skills.
• Knowledge of SAS, R and / or Python as well as version control software.
For more information please contact Paul on 016099404 or email@example.com .
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland