Our client is seeking to recruit a Manager for the Actuarial and Data Analytics team.
The role is to significantly contribute to the successful delivery of a wide variety of assignments while specifically providing technical pricing and reinsurance expertise as required. The successful candidate will be the technical lead for certain projects or sub-projects, particularly those relating to pricing and / or reinsurance, which will include dealing with client issues and providing internal updates. The role will provide an excellent prospect to build a long term and sustainable career.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and motivated person to join their team in the growing area of financial services. This will be a challenging and fulfilling role, where you will be involved in a wide variety of actuarial engagements. There will be opportunities to work in international engagements with clients and colleagues in other jurisdictions and in other financial services areas such as banking, asset management, aviation finance and InsurTech.
• Technical lead for pricing and reinsurance related engagements providing expertise and specialist knowledge.
• Assist in the successful delivery of a wide variety of engagements, including the development of client relationships in order to enhance our reputation and brand.
• Contribute to the development of the company’s market proposition through the skills and knowledge they bring and those they will develop / enhance in the future.
• Ensure opportunities are well understood by the Firm and contribute to the creation of superior proposals demonstrating an understanding of the market, client needs and the Firm’s offering.
• Provide on-going training and support to the team, particularly from a technical perspective. This will include planning, managing and allocating work to junior members of the team.
• Networking internally to identify potential collaboration and cross-selling opportunities.
• Ensure adherence to Firm policies and standards as well as the relevant actuarial technical and professional standards, including risk management, escalating key risk issues appropriately.
Required skills and attributes:
• Nearly / newly qualified actuary.
• Pricing and/or Reinsurance experience.
• Understanding of the Solvency II rules, in particular those relating to the Technical Provisions and the Solvency Capital Requirement.
• Knowledge of actuarial software relevant to experience: Prophet, etc.
• Capable of working autonomously or as part of a team.
• Strong problem solving, decision making, planning and organisational skills.
• Flexible, proactive and collaborative attitude.
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
• Acting professionally, ethically and with integrity.
• Expert level knowledge of MS Excel, Access and Word.
For more information please contact Paul on 016099404 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland