Reporting to the Head of Pricing, the Actuarial Analyst will be responsible for providing Actuarial pricing support to the business across all product lines. This role provides a unique experience for the right candidate to get involved in pricing a diverse range of insurance classes. Our client is an ambitious company and the pricing function is seen as critical to future success.
Essential Job Functions:
The successful candidate will be working under the Head of Pricing on the following responsibilities:
• Work closely with the underwriters to develop and maintain the existing pricing models across a wide range of products
• Work closely with underwriters on presentation of results to clients and brokers
• Fully document all pricing models and the assumptions underlying each model.
• Monitoring of pricing assumptions against the experience and providing feedback to the business (to both underwriting and actuarial)
• Work with Underwriting to ensure all relevant information is shared between Pricing and Underwriting
• Assist the underwriters in the pricing of new products as the company expands into new lines
• Develop and implement rate monitoring and rate adequacy system for the key product lines
• Work with the reinsurance team to ensure optimal reinsurance structures are in place
• Provide support to the reserving and capital teams as required – rate monitoring information, model parameterisation, rate adequacy, risk concentrations etc
• Assist the Head of the Actuarial Function and the Head of Pricing in communications with the regulators as required.
• Work with local Actuarial Manager on ad hoc projects as necessary
Role Requirements and Technical Competencies
• Progressing well with the exams or newly qualified
• General Insurance experience
• Preferably pricing experience
• A proactive individual who can work both independently and within the wider Actuarial team
• Strong interpersonal skills are a key requisite for the role as the individual will be required to build relationships both within the company and the wider external client base.
• Ability to sell concepts and ideas in an entrepreneurial environment
For further information please contact email@example.com or +35316099404.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland