The Pricing Actuary will play a key role in the implementation of the company’s underwriting strategy and will report directly to the Head of Analytics and Pricing.
The Pricing Actuary will be responsible for the analysis of markets regarding individual lines of business as well as client portfolios. Supporting the underwriting team and management by modelling, pricing and structuring of reinsurance transactions, including highly complex transactions and/or tailor-made solutions.
• Price and model reinsurance treaties for casualty and specialty business, as well as multi-line programs
• Quote, structure and price transactions with MGA and insurance companies with the responsible underwriter
• Analyze and assess client needs and support underwriters in devising appropriate reinsurance solutions for these
• Conduct market research on targeted lines of business
• Track industry trends, engage with data aggregators and generally enhance the company’s knowledge of market characteristics with utilization of relevant information, both proprietary and publicly available
• Contribute to group underwriting projects and innovative approaches including artificial intelligence
• Participate actively in projects with clients and brokers and support underwriters to develop new business
• Assist in portfolio exposure management
• Lead projects and internal validations for underwriting and monitoring projects
• Fellow or Associate of a widely recognized actuarial society
• Ideally prior reinsurance pricing experience in one of the following classes of business: Casualty and Specialty lines (Energy, Marine, Aviation, Cyber, Space)
• Advanced user of Excel, Access
• Good communication skills
• Strong team player
• Flexible, reliable
• Proactive and innovative in solving problems
• Ability to negotiate and structure reinsurance solutions independently with clients
• Ability to lead projects and participate in client work-outs
Please contact Paul on +35316099404 or paul@acumen-resources for further information.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland