As a Reinsurance Underwriter within the complex transaction team you will work within a specialist team to use and develop quantitative pricing tools and provide technical pricing recommendations to customer facing colleagues.
Within this role you will demonstrate exceptional quantitative analysis skills; assessing treaty reinsurance submissions against a number of variables including the submission detail, economic, financial and market conditions to arrive at a robust technical price. Where necessary, you will also develop bespoke pricing tools and modify existing tools to provide technical opinions.
You will be part of a specialist team and of the broader Underwriting community. By creating strong working relationships locally and internationally and by developing deep technical expertise, you will also have the opportunity to gain experience across a number of different Group locations.
• Analyse reinsurance treaty submissions using existing pricing tools and provide technical opinion to customer facing colleagues
• Develop new, bespoke pricing tools for complex submissions that consider and assess all relevant variables
• Work collaboratively with the local specialist team of reinsurance underwriters and actuaries to arrive at and defend technical pricing opinions
• Evaluate market trends and keep up to date with economic and market developments that impact on technical pricing
• Create strong working relationships with colleagues at Group level, and internationally as appropriate
• Share technical knowledge and tools with colleagues and develop own expertise
• Collaborate with finance/accounting to ensure treatment of reinsurance pricing is allocated correctly
• Analyse and contribute to policy wordings for internal treaty reinsurance business
• Contribute to the ongoing development of relevant frameworks and tools
• Participate in continuous improvement projects as required
• A third level degree in a quantitative discipline; actuarial science, mathematics, physics etc.
• Prior experience in developing and validating pricing models and tools
• Nearly/Newly Qualified Pricing Actuary
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in reinsurance
• Demonstrated knowledge or understanding of Solvency II/Finance/Market Conditions
For a confidential discussion, please contact Paul@acumen-resources.com or +35316099404.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland