As a Reinsurance Underwriter within the complex transaction team you will use reinsurance underwriting skills to provide technical pricing recommendations to customer facing colleagues, focusing on Property & Casualty Reinsurance, including Credit & Bond Reinsurance.
Within this role you will demonstrate quantitative analysis skills; assessing treaty reinsurance submissions against a number of variables including the submission detail, economic, financial and market conditions to arrive at a robust technical price.
You will be part of a specialist team and of the broader Group Underwriting community. By creating strong working relationships locally and internationally and by developing technical expertise, you will also have the opportunity to gain experience across a number of different Group locations.
• Analyse various Property & Casualty reinsurance treaty submissions using existing pricing tools and provide technical opinion to customer facing colleagues
• Work collaboratively with the local specialist team of reinsurance underwriters and actuaries to arrive at and defend technical pricing opinions
• Evaluate market trends and keep up to date with economic and market developments that impact on technical pricing
• Create strong working relationships with colleagues at Group level, and internationally as appropriate
• Share technical knowledge and tools with colleagues and develop own expertise
• Collaborate with finance/accounting to ensure treatment of reinsurance pricing is allocated correctly
• Analyse and contribute to policy wordings for internal treaty reinsurance business
• Contribute to the ongoing development of relevant frameworks and tools
• Participate in continuous improvement projects as required
• Experience in a similar property and casualty role
• Prior experience in Pricing
• Third level qualification in a quantitative discipline
• Fluency in another European language
For a confidential discussion, please contact Paul@acumen-resources.com or +35316099404.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland