Reporting to the Head of Biometric Research, this is a unique opportunity to join our client’s Biometric Research team. They believe superior intelligence supports better decisions – using data insights and the latest research in health and medicine to price and manage our risks and develop tangible commercial benefits for our business.
This is a highly technical role in which you will have the opportunity to apply your actuarial knowledge, along with data science tools and techniques to analyse biometric, behavioural and demographic data to develop and maintain central bases models and assumptions which support the pricing and valuation of biometric and behavioural risks.
You will conduct forward looking research to monitor how medical advances in diagnosis and treatment will affect the mortality and morbidity risks our clients face and understand how social, environmental, behavioural and health trends are changing consumer needs. These insights are then used to drive innovation and support the development and pricing of new protection benefits and reinsurance solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain central bases and assumptions to support the pricing and valuation of biometric and behavioural risks that we may be exposed to.
- Conduct research into factors affecting biometric and behavioural risks undertaken, including those which might aid predictive analysis.
- Quantify the impact of emerging risks in relation to central bases and develop options to mitigate these emerging risks.
- Support the implementation of our Data Strategy; improving access to and use of data (including ‘non-traditional’ data attributes), efficient data management and developing data analytics techniques.
- Make use of and investigate further experience analyses of the in-force portfolio produced by Corporate Actuarial.
- Collaborate with and support Business Development as follows:
- Assess and evaluate the impact of risk definitions and coverage and make recommendations and workable proposals for action
- Develop and present market and client presentations on research topics
- Develop and maintain the core CI pricing sheets insuring trends and issues are identified and recommendations are made
- Support all other department activities, including peer review of work produced by other department members as required.
- Qualified Actuary with (as a guide) approximately 2 years PQE or experience in a similar role.
- (Re)Insurance industry experience.
- Experience of actuarial and data analysis techniques to analyse biometric data.
- Experience in setting demographic assumptions.
- Strong working knowledge of actuarial, data and medical research and developments.
- A good understanding of statistical and data science techniques especially relating to interpretation of biometric insurance risks. Appetite and interest in trying new innovative techniques.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis and data visualisation languages / packages.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts and data insights to both technical and non-technical audiences.