The key responsibilities and requirements of the role are as follows:
•Lead the completion of non-life reserving reviews;
•Analysis of the robustness of firms’ business models and balance sheets, and the analysis of the efficacy of firms’ risk governance frameworks;
•Drive the ethos of knowledge sharing by developing and maintaining productive relations with the teams by proactively collaborating with them in order to ensure the teams are sufficiently informed on actuarial issues to provide effective supervision; and
•Provide market wide actuarial analysis, including input into Financial Risk Reviews and Risk Governance Panels to ensure the Senior Management team are fully informed of current issues.
The following skills and experience are desired at an appropriate professional standard:
• Strong background in insurance/reinsurance (non-life) with a sound understanding of risk management;
• Understanding of internal model structures, methodologies and approaches to the calibration of models;
• Deep knowledge of the developing regulatory, supervisory and reporting requirements for the insurance industry in Ireland;
• An appreciation of wider regulatory frameworks, including international regimes and standard;
• Extensive understanding/experience of the (re)insurance business and the practical operation or (re)insurance companies.
• Proven ability to challenge constructively, problem solving and decision making skills;
• Experienced in engaging with senior management and influencing on actuarial issues; and
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Please contact Jenny at [email protected] or +35316099409 for further details.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland