We are seeking a Reserving Actuary to join our client's Worldwide Non-Life Reserving team. The role will support the Head of Non-Life Reserving – Specialty and will be focused on the reserving of our worldwide Specialty Reinsurance portfolio.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to the Deep Dive reserve reviews for the Company’s Specialty portfolios particularly in respect of the Property, Engineering, Marine, and Energy portfolios working closely with underwriters, pricing actuaries, and the claims teams to determine appropriate ACE reserves and contribute towards the established of the Management Best Estimate reserves (MBE).
- Ensure that there is a regular flow of reserving information to and from key stakeholders, including Underwriting, Actuarial Pricing, Claims, Reinsurance Accounting, and Finance. Maintain emphasis on a feedback loop with Underwriting and Pricing within and outside of the Deep Dives to ensure that they have the benefit of the latest reserving information to utilize in forward-looking underwriting and pricing decisions.
- Support the Head of Non-Life Reserving – Specialty in providing relevant information to the Finance teams responsible for internal and external reporting as it relates to the Specialty portfolios, contributing as much as necessary to the discussion of results.
- Nearly or newly qualified actuary with an internationally recognised actuarial society.
- Ideally 3+ years’ experience with a leading non-life re/insurer. This individual may also have gained part of that experience at an actuarial consulting firm.
- Knowledge of Specialty Reinsurance/Insurance business would be an advantage.
- Good business judgement; an ability to solve complex issues with pragmatic solutions.
- High motivation, team orientation, and adaptability
- An innovative thinker; who will identify opportunities to anticipate and respond to change.
- Good listening skills and an ability to gain buy-in from stakeholders with diverse interests.
- A high level of self-awareness and integrity and trust for others
- Excellent communication skills. This individual must have the ability to succinctly articulate actuarial concepts to non-actuarial audiences.
- Programming experience strongly preferred (Examples: VBA, SAS, R, Python, Power BI).
- Experience working in matrix organizations is an asset.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals: Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate