The candidate will be involved in deep dive reserving analyses of key Underwriting Units during the valuation process which takes place bi-annually.
The candidate will also actively participate in the setting of the budget loss ratio for various segments of the business including evaluation of their underwriting strategies.
They will opine on the profitability of the business through both the reserves review process, and report to the business and the management of the company on these results and their implications for profitability at the business group and segment level.
The candidate will also support the business at the level of the different legal entities branches that the underwriters use with a clear understanding of the different nature of these portfolios.
They will have responsibilities to the individual legal entity’s actuaries to rationalize, document and present their results at these different levels.
The role will include reporting of results to Finance and support the second opinion including review of external consultants.
What will your essential responsibilities include?
- Deep dive analysis as part of Valuation exercise: This would lead to:
- Assessment, review and challenge of the appropriateness of methodologies and assumptions across relevant lines of business, and drive changes where this is considered appropriate.
- Reviewing the rationalisation of any changes to methods and assumptions and the impact on financial reporting.
- Presentation of results and rationalisation to senior management both internal and external to the Reserving team.
- Business Partnering: Following on from the reserving analysis, this role will also have a responsibility for business partnering with countries, as well as supporting with country views of reserves and/or performance.
- Business Planning: The Actuarial Financial Reporting team is a key contributor to the development of the business plan each year, and this role actively participates in the setting of the target budget loss ratios at the different portfolio levels for example loss trends, large losses, threat loads, CAT loads, ceded reinsurance. This will include evaluation of underwriting strategies with the business and their pricing actuaries.
- Planning & Organisation: An ability to manage multiple conflicting tasks and outputs. Able to plan long term deliverables and ensure tasks are planned and completed accordingly and that any delays or complications are communicated early and resolved appropriately.
- Strong Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication, collaboration and presentation skills. Must have the ability to communicate even negative or difficult messages in a constructive and effective manner at all levels. Relevant experience of presenting and communicating ultimate claims movements and trends to underwriters.
- Business Partnering: Able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the businesses responsible for, as well as translate actuarial output into business value, ensuring various customers are able to understand the practical implications of our analyses and how the information provided can help them to make appropriate business decisions.
- Strategic Thinking and Tactical Implementation: Ability to invent, design and build solutions.
- Actuarial Experience: Qualified actuary with relevant experience within the non-life insurance Industry, with a significant focus on reserving. Knowledge of ResQ software and excel add-in would be an advantage. Knowledge of Solvency II regulations and developments. A track record which demonstrates development of leadership capabilities as well as the ability to ensure timely delivery under pressure is essential.
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland