Duties & Responsibilities:
• In charge of a team of three Actuarial Analysts
• Responsible for the production of the Technical Accounts and Reinsurance accounts in a timely and accurate manner
• Produce and check the Profit Shares and Profit Share estimates calculated for our partners
• Responsible for the calculation of reserves on an ongoing basis in line with the Reserving Policy
• Responsible for the development and testing of new methodologies for calculating the technical reserves as well as its parametrization
• Ensure the production of control cards in line with risk management requirements of internal control
• Conduct experience surveys on mortality, morbidity etc.
• Participate in the updating of reserving policies and measure the impact of the updated reserving policies
• Provide technical indicators and related analysis to relevant governance committees (Technical Committee, Risk Committee etc.) and presentation of the results in those committees
• Contribute to major work stream dedicated to the rebuild of Technical Accounts process and tools, encompassing rationalization and industrialization of technical reserves calculation
• Liaise with teams outside of the actuarial department and other Group departments (pricing, business development, data…).
• Work on developing new methodologies to improve the reserving process for existing and new business.
• Work as part of a team and independently to complete projects in a timely manner (merger, new products, …)
• Assist in meeting the requirements of the Actuarial Function under Solvency 2 particularly regarding Technical Provisions and Data Quality.
• Provide necessary actuarial assumptions for preparation of budget
• Responsible for checking the budget completed by the Modelling Team
• To assign workload and projects to each member of the staff
• To follow up on HR processes; attendance, probationary period, performance management, etc…
• To develop and coach our staff to reach their potential
• To identify within your team individually their strengths and their areas for improvement
• To identify the teams individual talents and abilities and harness those for their development and to optimise the business
• To coach and encourage staff to enhance their professional actuarial qualifications (when required)
• To fully apply the performance management process ensuring it is a 2 way process of open discussion
Experience and Qualifications:
• Actuarial qualification (nearly-qualified) or Qualified.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or +35316099409.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland