Our client is a leading global reinsurance and insurance organization with extensive product and distribution capabilities, a strong balance sheet and an innovative culture. TThey have maintained their discipline and focus on creating long term value through underwriting excellence and strong risk and capital management.
Reporting to the Head of Actuarial Funciton and Chief Risk Officer, your role will form a critical part of the growing team, helping to enhance and develop the foundations and capabilities of risk and actuarial both locally and within the Group. The role will require an individual with strong actuarial, analytical and communication skills. It will require interaction with multiple other functional areas including underwriting, finance, compliance, claims, pricing and senior management.
• Perform calculations of quarterly and annual GAAP claims reserves for the Irish Company. In particular, the selection of actuarial assumptions and methods with input from pricing, claims and underwriting.
• Help to build a comprehensive reserving process to include all stakeholders, with an emphasis on communication with claims, pricing, underwriting and finance.
• Develop tools to leverage reserving data in order improve underwriting performance and deliver insights and valuable MI to key stakeholders and senior management.
• Develop automated processes to improve data flow and data quality.
• Perform calculations of quarterly and annual SII technical provisions.
• Improve and maintain the SII technical provisions model.
• Coordinate and perform the quarterly runs of the regulatory capital model including reconciliation of inputs, parameterization and validation of outputs.
• Provide input and support for SII reporting including ARTP, ORSA, QRTs, SFCR and RSR.
• Ensure compliance with internal governance and regulatory requirements.
• Support the Chief Risk Officer on various ERM projects such as risk research, policy development, event response and non-cat accumulation studies.
• Newly or nearly qualified actuary with reserving experience involving practical application of actuarial methods and statistical techniques used in reserving of P&C lines.
• Relevant experience in calculation of SII technical provisions and solvency capital requirements.
Skills & Competencies:
• Highly proficient in Excel, VBA and Microsoft Office.
• Experience with SQL, R, PowerBI and ResQ is desirable.
• Strong technical and model building experience.
• Excellent organisational skills and a strong attention to detail.
• Capacity to communicate modelling processes and results with internal and external stakeholders, both verbally and through reports or presentations.
• An ability to plan work, manage time effectively and ensure timely completion of all deliverables.
Contact [email protected] or +35316099404 for further details.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland