An opportunity has arisen for a maternity cover role replacing the Life Risk Manager, reporting to the Deputy CRO.
The successful candidate will gain management experience and will lead a number of workstreams central to the development of a new internal model. Particular focus will be on the life risk module, specifically longevity risk but also including lapse, expense and other customer behaviour. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with senior actuaries in the life insurance industry and gain substantial knowledge of the Solvency II regulatory framework. They will take responsibly for the design and implementation of the life risk module of the internal model. This knowledge will be critical to ensuring that the proposed model design is compliant with Solvency II regulations and in line with industry best practice.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the end-to-end design of life risk module of the new Internal model and will be required to:
• Manage each of the life risk workstreams ensuring each stream is on track to meet the project milestones
• Advise on best practices and modelling choices including data analysis, modelling and calibration
• Support decision making
• Oversee model build and testing including impact assessments, reconciliations and scenario testing
• Present ideas to the technical assurance committee for review of the soundness of model development
• Work with other team members and subject matter experts in preparing and reviewing documentation, in particular, ensuring expert judgement is adequately documented
• Ideally experience of stochastic modelling and sophisticated cash flow modelling systems and reporting tools.
• Detailed knowledge of Solvency II requirements and legislative framework.
• Experience using statistical analysis of demographic data.
• Experience in managing and mentoring direct report.
• Knowledge of products involving guarantees / embedded options would be beneficial.
Skills and Knowledge:
It would be expected that the individual would be proficient in the coordination of the following:
• Ability to drive and empower a team and to lead through trust.
• Highly motivated, ability to take initiative and to enable and drive value added changes.
• Ability to influence others and manage competing priorities within the project.
• Hardworking, dedicated and focused with the ability to deliver results ensuring timely high‐quality deliverables.
• Strong technical, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with a focus on attention to detail.
• Ability to work well within a team environment, sharing ideas, experience and knowledge with colleagues and with others across the business.
• Ability to handle multiple workstreams effectively.
For more information please contact Jenny, 016099409 or email@example.com
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland