This is a senior role within the actuarial function reporting to the Head of Actuarial Function. The successful candidate will be involved in strategic transformation projects involving business case modelling, actuarial assumption setting and M&A.
Taking an active role in supporting the transformation of the business model:
a) Drive projects to investigate value creation opportunities like innovative reinsurance solutions and support the HoAF in preparing an actuarial opinion
b) Contribute to portfolio analysis as part of M&A activities
c) Conduct the company’s impact assessment of the EIOPA 2020 review
d) Carry out reviews of the valuation approach and propose enhancements to the actuarial valuation models
e) Perform analysis of policyholder behaviour to ensure ongoing appropriateness of assumptions
Contribute to and support other key aspects of the Actuarial Function’s role, including:
a) Solvency monitoring
b) Actuarial function holder report
· Qualified actuary or equivalent with 5-8 years PQE in the life insurance or reinsurance industry.
· Variable annuity experience would be preferable, but not necessary.
Skills and Knowledge:
Knowledge and experience of the following will be beneficial:
· Calculation of (variable annuity) guarantee values;
· In-depth knowledge of solvency II regulation and actuarial modelling;
· Prior experience in leading transversal projects desirable, but not mandatory.
A successful candidate will have:
· Strong technical skills, with a capability to work independently, understand complex topics quickly and design appropriate models.
· A “can-do” attitude to enable and drive value added changes.
· Very good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, with a flexibility of adjusting the level of detail to the audience as required.
· The ability to work well within a team environment, sharing ideas, experience and knowledge with colleagues and with others across the business.
· A hardworking, dedicated and focused attitude, ensuring high-quality deliverables while respecting given timelines.
· The ability to handle multiple tasks effectively and to demonstrate flexibility towards work requirements depending on team needs and priorities.
For more information please contact Paul, 016099404 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland