This newly created senior management role will support the development of our client's actuarial models, methodologies and assumptions. The successful candidate will gain exposure to a wide range of traditional reinsurance transactions (e.g. annuities, term assurance etc.) as well as complex and innovative reinsurance solutions (e.g. longevity swaps / swap options, VIF securitisations, mass lapse covers etc.).
In this role the successful candidate will:
• Support the Actuarial Function review and challenge of new business propositions and subsequently support the implementation of actuarial modelling and reporting requirements.
• Support the new business approvals process through the various function holders, committees and boards.
• Review and update the actuarial assumptions including mortality, mortality improvements (CMI), lapse, expense, interest and inflation.
• Review and develop the relevant actuarial methodologies and techniques. This will include keeping up to date with industry developments and championing the use of new technologies to keep pace with changing demands and requirements.
• Draft accurate, clear and concise documentation and effectively communicate key insights and results to all stakeholders (Chief Actuary, Chief Financial Officer, Head of Business Development, …etc.).
• Contribute to the design, development and planning for the implementation of Group projects, new transactions and new reporting requirements (e.g. IFRS 17).
• Provide general actuarial oversight and ensure compliance with Group policies, professional standards and regulatory guidelines.
• Keep up to date with emerging experience and best practice
The ideal candidate will have an actuarial qualification with at least four years post-qualification relevant technical experience.
For full details of this exciting opportunity, please contact Jenny, 016099409. [email protected]
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland