• To provide direct support to the Group Head of Internal Audit and Local Heads of Internal Audit in designing and delivering the annual Actuarial internal audit plan, promoting effective internal controls and risk management and providing guidance to the business on all aspects of internal audit, governance, risk management and business process improvements regarding information systems.
• Ensuring that Internal Audit departmental reporting regarding Actuarial audits and audit issues to all stakeholders (Senior Management and Board of Directors) is complete, accurate and timely.
• Management of key actuarial stakeholder relationships with each of the local entities.
• Deputise for the Head of Internal Audit is his/her absence when it comes to actuarial internal audit issues.
• Conduct ad hoc non actuarial audit assignments (i.e. special investigation work) when required.
• Assist the Head of Internal Audit in understanding the pulse of the organisation and continue to build Internal Audit’s profile though attendance at various actuarial business committees, monthly meetings with second line functions, steering committees etc.
• Evaluate the effectiveness and contribute to the improvement of risk management processes and evaluate the potential for the occurrence of fraud and manage fraud risk.
• Make appropriate recommendations for improving the governance structures and processes.
Experience and qualifications:
3-5 years post qualification experience in the insurance market with either a consultancy or industry background.
Strong technical, problem identification and analytical skills with ideally at least one specialist area of experience (reserving, capital, pricing, reinsurance, Solvency II, etc).
Life insurance market experience desirable.
A track record of building strong client relationships (internal or external) and an ability to communicate analysis in plain English.
For further information and a complete job description please contact [email protected] or +35316099404.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland