The Actuarial Reporting team is responsible for the actuarial reporting deliverables (actuarial liabilities, earnings, capital, ALM, business plan, financial condition testing etc.). A bright, talented and motivated individual is sought to fill a fixed-term (18-month maternity cover) senior manager vacancy to lead the reporting of a significant portfolio of business.
Reporting directly to the Head of Actuarial Reporting, the successful candidate will gain exposure to a portfolio of bespoke, complex and innovative insurance solutions while working closely with a variety of senior stakeholders across the Actuarial, Finance and Business Development functions as well as the wider Group functions (e.g. Actuarial, Risk and Capital functions).
In this role the successful candidate will:
• Manage, motivate and develop a team of 2 – 4 actuaries and trainee actuaries.
• Deliver the quarterly (e.g. liabilities and earnings, capital) and annual (e.g. business plan, financial condition testing) actuarial reporting.
• Draft accurate, clear and concise documentation and effectively communicate key insights and results to all stakeholders.
• Support the design, development, planning and implementation of improvements to reporting models and processes (including governance and controls) to optimise existing reporting, accelerate reporting timelines and enhance the controls environment.
• Manage the implementation of new transactions working closely with the Business Development and Actuarial Development team.
• Support the design, development, planning and implementation of relevant Group projects and strategic initiatives. IFRS 17 implementation will be a key priority over 2022 and 2023.
The ideal candidate will have:
The ideal candidate will have:
• An actuarial qualification with at least four years post-qualification relevant technical experience.
• An enthusiastic approach to work with a strong work ethic, a keen appetite to learn and develop and a willingness to work to a flexible schedule.
• A well-developed blend of technical ability, judgement, reporting experience and commercial awareness.
• The capacity to effectively and efficiently solve problems and make decisions.
• An ability to plan work, manage time effectively and ensure timely completion of all deliverables.
• A demonstrated capacity to build relationships, gain trust and command respect at all levels.
• Impeccable verbal and written communication skills, and in particular an ability to effectively communicate complex concepts to different audiences.
• People management experience with the ability to manage a team to successful outcomes
For full details of this exciting opportunity, please contact Paul (016099404 or [email protected]).
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland