Reporting to the Head of International Property and A&H Pricing the successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Pricing reinsurance treaty business, covered lines include Per person XoL, PA/Life Cat XoL, Pandemic Stop Loss, Medical QS, Short Term Life, etc.
• Depending on experience you will be acting largely independently within the pricing and referral guidelines, with a selected primary responsibility for either Europe or Middle East. We act as a team supporting each other and therefore potential involvement on Property NonCat as a further area of responsibility.
• Liaise with underwriting to properly understand and reflect the risk, use actuarial methods to estimate expected losses, cash flows, risk aggregates and advice management on technical pricing results.
• Perform actuarial review of technical pricings done by junior actuaries or underwriters.
• Contribute to development of our pricing guidelines, drive development of specific loss modelling methods. Give input on our global tools and metrics, collect data and perform market studies to update pricing parameters.
• Participate on or lead global projects with risk management and analytics around understanding and quantifying our risk, representing views and requirements of pricing team.
• Participate in training of actuaries and underwriters in process, pricing tools and metrics.
• Supporting the entire team in reaching our goals through planning of yearly cycle, monitoring actions and progress and reporting on results.
• Meet with clients and brokers, at our office or at our clients’ offices, support development of new products and represent us to the outside world.
Required Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
• Qualified Actuary. You follow the latest developments in the industry and master the technical details of Actuarial Pricing.
• 8+ years' pricing actuarial experience essential, ideally within reinsurance, and a substantial time within Life, Accident and Health.
• High attention to details, strong analytical skills and well developed collective problem-solving ability.
• Exposure to European, LatAm. and Middle Eastern markets for Accident and Health business. Further experience with property or specialty a plus.
• Experience in participating in and leading internal projects.
• Fluency in English, Written and Spoken. Other languages a plus.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, comfortable in communicating to groups of colleagues and clients, with the ability to work in a dynamic and international environment.
Contact [email protected] or +35316099404 for further details.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland