The role will require a candidate with strong actuarial, analytical and numerical skills, a high level of computer literacy. They will need to be self-motivated and organized and able to manage and prioritise a broad range of activities. They will be required to interact with multiple other functional areas aside from underwriting including claims, finance, actuarial and senior management.
• Ascertaining the ultimate profitability of business, in particular historical ultimate loss ratios and projected loss ratio derivation
• Continuous performance monitoring of the current portfolio by utilizing current metrics as well active contribution to model improvements
• Be able to quickly discern trends and patterns in data, as well as perform in depth portfolio analysis
• Develop, analyse and monitor key performance indicators and assess expected and actual impact of pricing changes
• Direct the development, maintenance and improvement of actuarial tools
• Undertaking regular monitoring/analysis of the results and reporting on them
• Develop stress and scenario tests to support the business.
• Assist the CRO in other aspects of the risk framework to ensure the company identifies, monitors and manages risks in accordance with board, shareholder and regulatory expectations.
Desirable Qualifications & Attributes:
• Strong analytical skills with previous experience of applying actuarial/statistical methodologies to business problems
• A university degree, preferably mathematics, actuarial, statistics or economics based plus strong progression towards or completion of a professional qualification
• High level of competency using Excel, SQL, Access (i.e. pivot tables, actuarial analysis)
• Experience in the insurance industry in particular UK or Irish Motor
• The ability to assess technical risk, understand financial modelling techniques / metrics and apply that knowledge to make commercially astute decisions within authority levels
• Strong level of financial awareness and understanding of technical elements of insurance portfolios
• Strong problem solving and negotiation skills, capable of prioritising work to meet specified deadlines with a focus on delivering results
Contact Paul@acumen-resources.com or +35316099404 for further details.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland