Our client would like to hire a Structured Reinsurance Actuary to drive the further expansion of its portfolio of in-force structured reinsurance transactions in Europe.
• To support development and structure of new bespoke reinsurance solutions which optimize capital for clients under Solvency II.
• To underwrite, price and support the recommendation of new transactions in line with group risk appetite, pricing, tax and compliance requirements.
• To ensure consideration of local market conditions, law, regulation, capital requirements and tax throughout the underwriting and pricing process, consistent with guidance provided from internal corporate partners.
• To communicate proposals and results to senior management and external clients.
• To contribute toward the management and growth of relationships with potential and existing customers to ensure new business targets are achieved.
• To liaise with corporate actuarial, operations, finance and legal teams within the business to ensure new reinsurance transactions are implemented monitored and managed correctly.
Desired Knowledge / Experience / Skills:
• An actuarial qualification with a few years' post qualification experience
• Previous experience in a life, pensions or reinsurance role.
• Strong analytical skills and problem-solving abilities, with a good understanding of financial metrics
• Assertive and self-motivated with the capacity to work autonomously, as part of a team and across teams.
• Excellent oral & written communication/presentation skills with the ability explain complex problems in a concise way
• Strong interpersonal skills for establishing and maintaining good client and internal relationships
• An ability to plan work, manage time effectively and ensure timely completion of all deliverables.
• Very good understanding of Solvency II regulatory landscape for life insurance
• The capacity to effectively and efficiently solve problems and make decisions.
• An ability to speak Continental European languages is an advantage
• A commitment to working in a diverse and inclusive work environment.
For details of this exciting opportunity, please contact Jenny in strictest confidence (016099409 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland