This is an excellent opportunity to join a team who provides actuarial support across Capital and wider Risk function activities to ensure profitability and financial soundness.
Reporting to Capital Management Actuary, the role will be responsible for providing actuarial services to the Business with key responsibilities being;
- Assist with the running of the capital calculation processes for the Internal Model. The principal tool used is ReMetrica.
- Involved in regular data and reporting work as well as project work.
- Assist in the independent reserve reviews to provide a second opinion / challenge on reserve level recommendations proposed by Head of Actuarial Function for accounting and Solvency II technical provisions, taking into account business trends, external market considerations, regulatory and accounting standards and internal risk appetite.
- Assist with the co-ordination, organisation and maintenance of business processes requiring capital / 2nd line reserving input not limited to but including: Strategic Planning, Accounting team and Regulatory reporting, Reinsurance, ORSA, Economic performance target setting, and stress & scenario testing.
- Actively studying for the actuarial exams with a relevant degree with curriculum in the following areas: Actuarial, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics.
- Previous exposure to actuarial related work would be preferred.
- Use of R, Python, SQL or SAS for data manipulation and processing.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals: Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate