In conjunction with the Head of Health Pricing & Product Development you will be responsible for developing and delivering an effective centre of excellence for Health Pricing & Product Development to drive the planned levels of profitability and sales.
This role will assist in the development of strategy and processes to centrally drive and control Health pricing across the Group.
It will also involve rolling-out Health pricing proposals in each of the distribution channels.
• Work with the Product Directors and other Senior Management to agree and implement a Health strategy.
• Drive sustainable profitable growth
• Deliver an effective centre of excellence for health pricing capability to assess and determine appropriate pricing changes for each distribution channel through a combination of core team pricing functions and underwriting representatives
• Pricing of health insurance products and benefits
• Assessing the financial impact of business initiatives
• Provide reports and presentations to executive management
• Development and maintenance of pricing and profitability models
• Assist in the development of actuarial processes and pricing strategies
• Monitoring and reporting on product profitability
• Support the implementation strategy for new products and new plans
• Identify new business gaps and opportunities for the product line through market research
The candidate should ideally have:
• An actuarial qualification (FIA / FFA, FSAI or other appropriate professional qualification)
• Experience of Non-Life actuarial reserving or pricing techniques. Candidates with Life actuarial experience who have a strong interest in broadening their experience will also be considered
• Strong analytical skills, a natural curiosity to understand trends in data and excellent computing ability. Database query tools/SQL experience would be an advantage
• A strong blend of technical ability, judgement, and commercial awareness
• Excellent problem-solving and decision-making ability
• Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
• Strong influencing skills
• An ability to work effectively in partnership with senior management
• Technical expertise /Data Analysis
• Risk, Control and Regulatory Environment
• Problem solving and decision making
• Communication and Influencing
• Team-working and cross functional collaboration
Please contact Paul Walsh at firstname.lastname@example.org or +35316099404 for further details.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland