The main purpose is setting the strategy, developing and managing all trading propositions for the company.
• Develop market leading propositions (new and existing) in conjunction with the Proposition team
• Manage, coach and mentor the Actuarial team
• Provide actuarial leadership and commercial input and ideas in developing the company’s market strategy and business cases
• Develop, establish, and monitor the pricing strategy and standards to ensure profitability.
• Review the effectiveness of the pricing strategies and recommend solutions.
• Set and monitor the reinsurance strategy and standards to ensure processes are in place for selection.
• Build the pricing and profitability options for any new propositions.
• Ensure reinsurance agreements reflect the company’s pricing strategy.
• Contribute to developing and reviewing the company’s underwriting and claims strategy to enable delivery of the agreed business strategy.
• Monitoring changes in legislation or regulation and assess impact on the business proposition or on future market demand
• Help in the analysis of market trends and apply their use in strategy and business case.
• Conduct and measure post-launch TCF pricing and experience reviews against pre-launch criteria and action instigated.
• Develop and measure profitability of these future proposition waves.
• Owning the risks faced by the business area, managing the control framework and implementing the Risk Management System.
• Deliver business plans and operates within risk appetite, ensuring risk based decisions are taken.
• Undertake stress test and scenario analysis to identify current and potential risks.
• Maintaining appropriate systems and controls to enable the measurement and management of risks.
• Ensure emerging risks are identified and reported.
Qualifications & Skills:
• A qualified actuary with experience within a life office environment
• Experience in pricing strategy setting and delivery against this strategy
• Experience in reinsurance strategy setting
• Experience in designing financial services propositions that meet identified consumer demand and achieve commercial success.
• Knowledge and experience of developing Protection products
• Knowledge and experience of Investment and Pension products a benefit
For further details, please contact Paul@acumen-resources.com or (01) 6099404.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland