The successful candidate will work in a small actuarial team responsible for producing monthly reserves, Solvency II technical provisions and capital requirements. They will support the Head of Actuarial Function in meeting all of the Solvency II requirements and will work closely with the CRO across a range of ORSA processes.
• Produce monthly reserves and quarterly Solvency II Technical Provisions using ResQ reserving software.
• Prepare monthly Solvency II Standard Capital Requirements using IGLOO standard formula
• Support the Head of Actuarial function in delivering the Solvency II requirements including the actuarial function report, actuarial opinion on technical provisions, underwriting opinion, ORSA opinion and opinion on reinsurance adequacy
• Work closely with the CRO across a range of ORSA processes including stress and scenario testing
• Draft accurate, easy to read documentation and committee papers to communicate key insights and recommended actions.
• Ensure that our capital modelling and financial reporting processes and systems keep pace with changing demands.
• Manage stake-holder relationships (both internal and external) throughout the course of each project / reporting period.
• Keep up to date with external developments through engagement with the Society of Actuaries, Insurance Ireland and the Central Bank and through individual research.
• Ensure familiarity with risk management programmes, as they impact on this position, and follow appropriate risk management procedures to control, monitor and report on business activities. Ensure compliance with Company policies, regulatory, professional and legal requirements.
The candidate should ideally have:
• An actuarial qualification (FIA / FFA, FSAI or other appropriate professional qualification) with significant post-qualification experience
• Experience of Non-Life actuarial reserving or pricing techniques. Candidates with Life actuarial experience who have a strong interest in broadening their experience will also be considered
• Strong analytical skills, a natural curiosity to understand trends in data and excellent computing ability. Database query tools/SQL experience would be an advantage
• A strong blend of technical ability, judgement, and commercial awareness
• Excellent problem-solving and decision-making ability
• Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
• Strong influencing skills
• An ability to work effectively in partnership with senior management both within Irish Life Health and across the wider group
• Technical expertise /Data Analysis
• Risk, Control and Regulatory Environment
• Problem solving and decision making
• Communication and Influencing
• Team-working and cross functional collaboration
Please contact Paul Walsh at firstname.lastname@example.org or +35316099404 for further details.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland